Saturday, March 1, 2014

Psychedelic Me


Pushing science and logic to its limit, I dare
Or perhaps beyond the boundaries of acceptance
I bend the rules and bend my hair
I stretch the levels of people’s tolerance

I feel like a metaphor when I am defined
I just look the other way when I’m spoken of
Very few take me seriously, but I don’t mind
I really don’t lend an ear to all that stuff

Psychedelic me, what people don’t see
Psychedelic me, oh just let me be

It annoys them when their theories are defied
All of their black and white, colourless theories
I’ve died to earn all these colours, I’ve cried
I don’t need a theory to tell my stories

I keep my mouth closed and heart open
Some say and believe that I’m an introvert
Truth is, I refuse to speak to each and everyone
I conceal a lot, that way I am quite stubborn

Psychedelic me, what people don’t see
Psychedelic me, oh just let me be

No comments: