Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Regret



There comes a time in life
When you get busy looking into the void
And you start to wonder....
What was it that made me so complacent?
What was it that made me silent?
Was it the failures? Or was it the lack of it?
Did i not pay enough attention to myself?
Or was it too much of it?
What did go wrong, anyway?
Should i have told her how much i loved her?
Or did i stay quiet for too long?
Would it have been better...
If i would've turned the other way?
Or perhaps that turn had long gone.
What am i going to do now...
With all my decisions
With all my worries
With all these dry tears
And with this long, dreary beard
I cannot see anything clear now
Maybe i forgot to wipe the dust off my glasses
Or perhaps my young eyes couldn't see what i should have
What am i going to do now...
To live and to forget?
What am i going to do...
With all this regret?

No comments: