Sunday, November 17, 2013

Awake




I'm up still, way past midnight
Writing my mind on the pages of doom
I feel so frozen and lonely in my room
I'll stay up for a while tonight

Daydreaming about the flowery days
With the sun shining bright above my conscience
My blurry vision seems clear now; oh, what an ambiance!
I can dream like this in many different ways

People say I can't perform my life's act
I really wonder what they do with their own
I cast my doubt on their pretentious brittle bone
As they're unaware of life's most important fact

You can't measure the sky with a scale
You can pierce through it and call the shots
But, the countless stars will outnumber your thoughts
And gravity will later put you on sale

I'll be up all night, writing on these pages
Will keep writing till my conscience ages
I'll write till the dawn of the next day
Staying awake is a task in itself, anyway

No comments: